vendredi 29 juin 2018

100 ways to make no money

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and after a lot of reading thought of sharing my 50 (or rather -50) cents. I'll firstly introduce myself briefly: I work as software developer and earn decent money working as contractor in London. It's great but at some point I'd like to have my own "stuff"/source of income,/whatsoever, so that I don't have a boss anymore! haha. So I'm always trying new projects and ideas whenever I've got some spare time. I also work on some of them with friends/colleagues. I'd like to think that I'm clever enough to be able to do something worthy, but I guess I haven't invested enough time, effort, or both.

Anyway, I wish I could share a brilliant method to make shit lot of money, easily and quickly, but unfortunately I'm not there yet. So far I've tried quite a few things and none of them have quite worked. I still thought it worth sharing them here so that hopefully would still somehow help others to at least avoid my mistakes if not learn from them. Also any suggestions to improve or do things differently would be greatly appreciated. So, until I find something that works, I'll be sharing on this thread the things that I've tried so far, starting from one on this post.

Please, feel free to move this post elsewhere, since it's not actually helping anyone to make money (as of yet) I just didn't know where to put it.

#1: Spam/aggregator blog: So I've done many websites and android apps, and stuff whenever I had an idea, and I always struggled to get people to know/visit/download them, so I thought maybe creating a blog that auto-generates content might somehow change that and that's what I did. I don't know much about SEO, but I know that duplicating content is probably one of the worst things you can do, but that's where my "idea" comes in place:
I created a wordpress site with a brand new domain (didn't know about all that trend of getting expired domains and so on until few days ago, when I found this website :), still haven't been able to find any decent domain available, but anyway, sorry by the offtopic). I installed a plugin WP-Pipes that allows you to fetch RSS news and automatically post the content. I installed social sharing plugins, cache optimizers, I put the blog fully on SSL using a free SSL certificate on letsencrypt (I read somewhere that HTTPS helps in SEO because google likes it.).
Nothing fancy until there, but then I thought I'd have to do something to avoid duplicating content, and then I thought, how could I do that without actually having to do that? And I decided to use a few free APIs that by using machine learning techniques are able to do a kind of summary of a given text (all it does is remove some sentences and reorder them, really). I modified the wordpress plugin to call this API's before posting the content and then added a "Full article" link to the source. I created a FB page, google plus page, thumblr, twitter. I integrated some auto-social posting plugins to spam twitter, fb and thumblr. I also found some cheeky JS code that would "make" visitors of the website like the FB page "automagically" (it doesn't always work, but kind of does, the user has to click anywhere). I think that's about it, well I also used some chrome extension to follow people massively and I have over 1k followers on twitter.

It's been running for a few months already, and it's working a little bit better than what I expected. There is some activity on twitter, people liking twits, and the web is getting some visitors from social, but nothing much, almost no organic visitors, I guess it's not that easy to cheat on the big G... I have adsense on the blog but I haven't earn not even 1$ so far and I doubt that's gonna change any time soon, I guess I'm shutting it down soon, because at the beginning I thought that if sharing in Twitter kind of works, maybe other socials would as well, and I could work on that, but FB, Tumblr and G+ are not performing as well, not at all rather, so probably there's nothing much to do with it, any ideas will be welcomed, as it's purely an experiment and I don't "care" being penalised, in fact it might probably be already the case.

So, that was my first contribution to the community, this is the first method, but hopefully won't be the last I share with you guys. Don't try it at home (Because it doesn't work! haha).

Regards!


Read More : 100 ways to make no money
from A2S.in - Make Money Online

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire